Monday, October 26, 2009

JUST THE BEGINNING.....

Nine months into this gig and I am just beginning to come to work without butterflies in my stomach, although they do come and go as they day passes by. The first 6 months were hard to say the least. I rethought my decision to choose such a demanding and challenging career many times. I thought I may not be cut out for this and I definitely thought nursing school was hard, but nothing like the real thing. NURSING.... what was a dream of mine for so long had now become my life. It was real now, the long hours, the heartfelt moments, the fear,the joy and the satisfaction of going home at night knowing I made a difference. I can say I came into this green, scared and questioning myself. I pushed on , learned my stuff , became part of this amazing team and I have been earning my "battle scars" ever since. TO ALL THE NURSES OUT THERE, WE ARE A TEAM, WE ARE AMAZING AND WE ARE MAKING LIVES BETTER EVERY SINGLE DAY....... JOIN WITH ME ON MY JOURNEY..... ITS ONLY JUST BEGUN....
-THE ROOKIE

2 comments:

  1. I hope you love it as much as you thought you would. It may or may not get easier, but let God lead you. Always remember that you DO make a huge impact on all of the people you see. Most of them are scared, lonely and YOUR impact on them has the power to make their day, at the least, a little better. You chose a very noble path. Nurses may never get the credit they deserve, but do far more for the patients then a lot of doctors do. You should be so proud of yourself! I am. Good luck!
    -Christen

    ReplyDelete